Heritage Art Sale
What is the Heritage Art Sale?
The Heritage Art Sale is a continuation of an online auction fundraiser coinciding with the Talkeetna Centennial Celebration, showcasing art of significance to our heritage and history. Most of the art is displayed at the Sheldon Community Arts Hangar in Talkeetna, Alaska through December 1, 2016.
View and Purchase Items
Sale items are posted at www.charityauction.bid/nsi. Prices have been reduced and all remaining pieces are available through a “buy now” option. Because this a revision of the art auction website, references to “bidding”, “bidder”, and “auction” remain, but all prices are fixed through the “buy now” option.
Establishing a Scholarship Fund
Proceeds of the auction will go directly towards funding scholarships for youth, adults, and families to participate in hands-on learning experiences offered by NSI. With plans to continue expanding the variety and reach of our programs, the scholarship fund will make programming more accessible to all. Our current and future programs include:
- Summer camp programs focused on experiential learning
- Experiential and/or vocational learning opportunities for youth and adults, including accredited high-school level classes
- Family-friendly events such as the Cardboard Boat Regatta, or themed immersion programs for families
- Alaska Folk School classes, soon to include classes in a newly renovated all-season workshop
- Programs in partnerships with local and state-wide nonprofit organizations